Ashampoo WinOptimizer?

Cymro. 14:15 16 Oct 2006

I have installed the above prog. from the free CD in the December issue of PC Adviser. I am very pleased with it but am not sure if I should delete the stuff that has now been put in my Recycle Bin. There seem to be much more files in the Recycle Bin than I expected after using Ashappmpoo. My system must have needed cleaning out much more than I expected. I would normally just delete everything from my Recycle Bin now, but I am not sure what some of these files are. Some of them are temporary files, others are from various programs and are hidden files, some are NeroMediaPlayer, some are Mazola,some are MTX files. Is there a way of checking what these files are and if it is safe to now delete them? My system seems to be working very well without them so I am rather of the opinion that I may as well delete them. The total number of files is over a 150.

heepster 14:24 16 Oct 2006

I had the same fears when I first used it. It is very efficient at clearing clutter. I like the fact it puts the clutter in the recycle bin instead of just trashing it. I usually leave it in the recycle bin for a week, and then delete if I dont have any application problems. 150 files in there is half of the number I had on first running.

Cymro. 14:50 16 Oct 2006

Thanks for that. I think I will do something similar, but may remove them one at a time and then see how goes.

Cymro. 15:57 16 Oct 2006

I am running WindowsXP with S.P.2

Cymro. 17:22 16 Oct 2006

I thought there would be more response by now.

Snec 17:40 16 Oct 2006

I have used Ashampoo for over five years and found it can be trusted to remove only that which needs removing.

Cymro. 17:44 16 Oct 2006

Thanks for that. I will set about it tomorrow.

Cymro. 19:16 16 Oct 2006

I have now emptied the Recycle Bin and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks to all etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?