Ashampoo WinOptimiser 2007 (cover disk Dec.06)

provider 2 13:00 16 Nov 2006

Have I done something wrong or is this not the full program as stated on p.178 of the December o6 edition of PC Advisor?
I installed it from the cover disc but was not told to apply for registration, and the splash screen advises that this is a 10-day free trial only.

IPA 13:35 16 Nov 2006

I had a similar problem trying to instal this progam. I just kept going around in circles getting emails from them giving me a registration key and directing me to a site to register the free version and each time ending up with the splash screen saying it was a 10 day trial version.l gave up in the end and uninstalled it. Possibly I missed something ? or was the process too complicated?

provider 2 15:31 16 Nov 2006

I don`t have the confidence to accuse anyone but myself of having made a mistake, but it does seem very odd that no mention is made of a trial version either on the disc sleeve or in the article in the magazine.
Rather than use START, RUN,d:\full\ashampoo\ashampoo_winoptimiser2007_idg_gb.exe (as directed),I used the Wizard set-up.
Is it possible that this could have made all the difference?
My pc has two discs and programs usually go on
c: anyway.

Simsy 15:47 16 Nov 2006

for the programme in the start menu, there is a "Full version" link... this opens a document which contains the following;

This is a full version!

To start the online registration procedure just select ‘Get Free Full Version Key’ in the ‘Internet’ menu. If you are not already online the program will prompt you to establish a connection to the Internet. Your free full version key code will then be sent to you to the e-mail address you provide. Select ‘Enter Reg/Trial Key’ in the ‘Internet‘ menu and enter the key code in the input field displayed. (Use copy and paste to make sure the code is entered correctly.) That's it!

I installed and got the registration with no problems.

Regards,

Simsy

SB23 15:50 16 Nov 2006

Agree with Simsy, it is a full version. I installed and got registration with no problems, and I must say its a very useful tool to have. (I even got rid of a few other programs that I had).

Steve

RickyC :-) 16:12 16 Nov 2006

Hi All

We've had well over 5,000 successful registrations of this software so far, but I have received a couple of emails from readers who didn't spot the registration process. I'd recommend that you follow Simsy's advice and go through the process from the 'Internet' menu, you should find it fairly straightforward.

Please contact me directly if you have any difficulty in obtaining the code and unlocking the full software.

Kind regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

IPA 16:28 16 Nov 2006

Installed ok now. Goodness knows where I went wrong ! thanks.

provider 2 16:41 16 Nov 2006

Many thanks for your replies. Problem is I`m still stuck.I get no response when I press the buttons for "Get full free version" and "Internet Area" except for a barely perceptible rumble from the hard drive.
I`ve checked that Windows XP sp2 firewall is open to Ashampoo, and McAfee Personal Firewall is also open to "winop exe."
Could it be that something else might be blocking the connection?

bluto1 19:42 16 Nov 2006

Don`t you get any conflict with 2 firewalls running?

provider 2 11:42 17 Nov 2006

I seem to have managed, somehow, to disable some installed program links to the vendors` help and support and registration sites.
I`m running Windows XP sp2(no Java VM, only JRE) and Internet Explorer 7 with AOL Silver.
I`ve listed the programs as exceptions in both XP and McAfee firewalls but still no joy.
Any ideas? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

dazza39 13:54 17 Nov 2006

A great program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017