Ashampoo Sulking?

provider 2 21:48 18 Nov 2006

What`s happening with Ashampoo? Trying to get a registration key out of them seems to be an exercise in futility.

kwil2 00:57 09 Mar 2007

Hi...I totally agree...Not for the first time with this company's products via PCAdvisor!
For latest product 'Ashampoo Burning Studio 6': despite trying three different times and with three different email addresses, I gave up in frustration. So I contacted PCAdvisor, only to get from them what seems like a mantra: It's your ISP's problem ie blocking Ashampoo. This was patent nonsense in my case!
Also: since I gave web-based addresses and still received no reply, then again,hogwash! For some reason Ashampoo have a definite 'delivery' problem!
Only by insisting PCAdvisor query Ashampoo did I finally get a key: via the original email address that allegedly was blocking!
I've found Ashampoo utterly hopeless and frankly their products also leave a lot to be desired!
The accompanying drivel they sent mentioned that hey, it's free...ah yes, as if THAT excuses everything!
Be wary of this company, people...as should PCADvisor!
Regards

Snec 02:15 09 Mar 2007

I like Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007 far better than Nero, but I've not tried Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 so you may be right.

SB23 08:36 09 Mar 2007

I've tried alot of their products, and with the exemption of the firewall, which I didn't find very good, have found all the others quite good and useful. Once the program has been registered I have the key within a few minutes, and I'm on Aol.

Greengage 09:01 09 Mar 2007

I've got/had Ashampoo Burning Studio 5 & 2007,Photo Commander 3 & 4, Win Optimizer 2 & 3 - all freebies and good programs - and have had no problems at all in obtaining key/registration numbers.

kdt 09:22 09 Mar 2007

no problem like greengage

provider 2 10:32 09 Mar 2007

kwil2,
I understand your frustration. I was experiencing much the same as you back then. However, I have since changed my mind for two very good reasons:
It was the default setting " make IE the default browser " which was turned off that caused my problems, not Ashampoo or AOL.
Secondly, I received an e-mail from Ashampoo to explain that there had been such a huge response to their free offer that their admin people had taken a longer time than usual to work through it.
I have to say I think Ashampoo generally make some excellent products and except for their rather challenging firewall I wouldn`t heitate to recommend them.

betaman 10:45 09 Mar 2007

provider 2,
I'm glad you mentioned the problem relating to the "make IE the default browser" button. I'd had a similar problem but, I don't understand why there's such a reliance on IE!

provider 2 10:53 09 Mar 2007

Thing is, betaman, the AOL browser works with (through?) IE. Consequently, when you use one, you are actually also using the other.Does that make any sense?

provider 2 11:01 09 Mar 2007

When you press the Internet Settings button for the AOL browser, it`s the Internet Options page from Tools in IE7 that comes up.

RickyC :-) 11:29 09 Mar 2007

I find it rather telling that the four-month old thread you chose to re-open had received no responses when it was initially posted. You also appear to be selective with the parts of our communication you've quoted here on the forum.
As I've explained to you in several emails we've exchanged over the past two years, thousands of readers register cover disc software successfully each month.
Of course there will be the odd occasion when a reader doesn't receive the registration code. However, I can assure you that I was not simply reciting a ‘mantra’, as you put it. My experience during the past five years indicates that most of these problems tend to be either due to an ISP blocking an email it has assumed to be spam or the reader entering their email address incorrectly on the registration form.
The vast majority of readers receive the code, install the software, and experience no problems whatsoever – over 10,000 PC Advisor readers have registered Ashampoo’s software from the cover disc, and if more than a very small number of these had experienced problems, I’m sure I’d have heard from them by now!

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?