Ashampoo Power up 2009

Billp64 12:35 18 Feb 2009

Hi
I have this free disk in mag, can any one confirm that this will tune up computer running XP with all updates. Being older now it is slower, is this easy and trouble free please . As the computer works I do not want to cause problems by using this.
Thanks for any help.

provider 2 16:01 18 Feb 2009

I saw this and quite liked the look of it but like you, I think, I`m a bit wary of optimisers in general, though I have been using (parts of) Ashampoo WinOptimiser Platinum 3 for some time now and have grown to trust it, and this seems to have several similar functions.

The only thing I`ve heard about this one is that it needs .NET Framework v2 but if you have v3.5 installed it may work quite happily with that as well.

Billp64 10:46 19 Feb 2009

Hi
Thanks for the reply, as the computer works ok better not try it and mess it up.
Will tick as resolved but would have liked to more about the program.

Thanks
Bill

masterfrm 11:22 19 Feb 2009

Ashampoo PowerUp 2009 is a convenient tool for fine-tuning your Windows NT4, 2000 and XP configuration to suit your precise needs and wishes. It gives you direct access to many frequently-required settings and parameters, enabling you to make your operating system behave the way you want.

Check this store 4 cheap price >> [url=click here] Click here [\url]

Cool product :-D

masterfrm 11:23 19 Feb 2009

Ashampoo PowerUp 2009 is a convenient tool for fine-tuning your Windows NT4, 2000 and XP configuration to suit your precise needs and wishes. It gives you direct access to many frequently-required settings and parameters, enabling you to make your operating system behave the way you want.

Check this store 4 cheap price >> click here

Cool product :-D

victormcd 12:14 19 Feb 2009

There is always the option to create a restore point try ashampoo then roll back if your aren't happy isn't there?

I am keen on having the fastest performance possible because I'm so impatient and free is my favourite price so I use CCleaner to clear the detritus that accumulates and Winpatrol for playing with settings, (both of which I discovered through this excellent forum and both of which are free and yours to keep).

When I do have cash to spare I don't like to waste it either but hating the way my system seemed slow I ran crucial's memory scanner (free) and upgraded with RAM I bought on a now quite unpopular auction site. Fitting it is akin to lego (press and click).

I run XP Home on a 2.8 ghz pc (free from a neighbour)with 2GB RAM, second internal hard drive from my old packard bell (again press and click lego styley) and a 500GB external (xmas present from missus (50 quid on amazon)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone