Ashampoo Magical Defrag...

barryoneoff.co.uk 14:55 14 Jan 2007

Anyone ever used it? Any comments or criticisms?

Cheers.

birdface 15:03 14 Jan 2007

Not tried it ,But if you can get better than this one click here a full defrag on mine in about 4 minutes,

barryoneoff.co.uk 15:06 14 Jan 2007

I only asked because it was on the PC Advisor DVD. I normally stick with the XP one ut this just caught my attention.

I notice quite a few people use the one you suggested though.

Stuartli 15:08 14 Jan 2007

I also use buteman's suggestion - it's about four times faster than XP's equivalent.

barryoneoff.co.uk 15:12 14 Jan 2007

to me. I do most maintenance tasks when I'm not on the PC.

But Magical Defrag apparently does it in the background so you don't have to run it at all.

Thanks anyway, I'll give it a look.

Enoch 15:12 14 Jan 2007

Ashampoo products have always been good as far as I am concerned. I also have downloaded them from the PCAdvisor disc

birdface 15:13 14 Jan 2007

Just ran it again, I dont have a lot on my computer, But done the full defrag in 3.5 minutes,I think this one is supposed to replace the existing one.

Stuartli 15:14 14 Jan 2007

So does IOBit...:-)

Taurus 15:32 14 Jan 2007

I have been using Ashampoo Magic Defrag on both my computers for several months and it is great, install and forget it. It works when the machine is idle and stops when you start working. It uses very little processesor and I have not had to manually defrag since installing it. I would recomend it unreservedly.

rawprawn 16:19 14 Jan 2007

I agree with Taurus, I installed it from the PCA DVD and I think it is great.I shall stay with it.I did try the Iobit one, but I had problems and I uninstalled it (In fairness I can't say that it was the real cause of the problems)

barryoneoff.co.uk 16:27 14 Jan 2007

for the response. I'll give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017