Ashampoo -- how to make slideshow with chapters?

stlucia2 12:06 29 Jun 2011
Answered

I've downloaded the free trial version of Ashampoo 10 to make some slideshows. I've got as far as adding my slides, setting transitions and timing, etc., but I can't see how to now add another chapter with more slides. I want the chapters/scenes (whatever the technical term is) to be selectable on the TV screen when I burn my DVD.

After I've got my slides added and sorted, Ashampoo then takes me to the menus screen, but it's by default created a screen with two pushbuttons and three "scene" previews, each of which contains a clip of the first slide in my single slideshow. I just can't see how to now add another series of slides because clicking "Next" just takes me on towards the burning process.

I've looked at the Help file, but can't find the info. Can someone explain it in simple english, please?

stlucia2 15:21 29 Jun 2011

I'm obviously using the wrong terminology, for I could do what I want to do with my old Roxio, using VCDs or DVDs.

Anyway, I've got it now. After adding a bunch of slides I "Save" them with a name, and then click on "Create slideshow" to add another bunch of slides in a separate chapter, section, or whatever it's called.

Thanks, Lazarus

Number six 23:28 29 Jun 2011

stlucia2

Each item on a DVD (movie, slideshow, whatever), that is, each item which appears as a button on the main menu, is usually referred to as a "title". I believe this is the term you are searching for. And you can indeed have "chapters" within a slideshow. For example, when I create a slideshow from pictures taken over a week's holiday, I have 7 chapters, one for each day - makes it easier to search for an individual picture. I don't know, however, if ashampoo has this facility.

stlucia2 07:47 30 Jun 2011

OK, what I've been referring to is having a set of buttons on the "Home" screen (terminology again), with each button accessing a different set of slides, as described by Number six.

At the moment I've created a project in Ashampoo with four such buttons, each with up to 100 slides on it. So far, I'm still editing it, so I haven't burned it to DVD yet, but Ashampoo is saying that the resultant DVD will be "excellent" quality. So, seems like it's going to do exactly what I want.

On a slightly different tack, I'm not happy with the way Ashampoo has installed itself as default home page and search engine in my Firefox and Internet Explorer. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems to be interfering with my internet access as well.

eedcam 08:28 30 Jun 2011

Well in IE go to Tools>internet options and change the home page also next to the search window click on the small arrow and select another searcher as default

stlucia2 10:36 30 Jun 2011

No problem changing back to my "normal" home pages, eedcam. Just annoyed at the way Ashampoo "took over" without (so far as I recall) asking if I wanted it to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?