Ashampoo HDD Control.....to buy or NOT to buy

julius44 03:15 08 Oct 2010

Hello and good morning to u all, I currently have system mechanic 9.5 installed on my desktop pc. I run Windows XP SP3 on my pentium 4 pc, it has C drive is 145gb(78gb full), and I have a 1TB external hard drive attached, (around only 115gb has been used)
Ashampoo are celebrating 11 yrs, and they are doing an offer for 55% of anything till oct 11th....coupon code is ashampoo. I'm interested in this product here..
click here
Which would prob cost me a tenner with this discount,....but I was wondering if this is worth it for me, as I have the system mechanic installed....as it has a hard drive medic in it...or whether as the ashampoo product is just for hard drives, it would be a good bargain to have.
If someone can get back to me with good advice, that would be much appreciated, many thanks

rawprawn 08:57 08 Oct 2010

After a fair ammount of experience I am beginning to believe that all these paid for "Disc Management" programs are a waste of money.
CCleaner is free and is really all you need.
click here

onthelimit 09:17 08 Oct 2010

I'm with rawprawn - I'm firmly convinced that running anything other than CCleaner (and I only use that once a month) is a waste of time and money. My tutor at college went even further and only recommended using Windows own disc cleanup tools.

eedcam 11:21 08 Oct 2010

Just wait a few weeks or so in their next offer it will probably be free

julius44 20:36 08 Oct 2010

thanks guys for the advice much appreciated, I the free and fantasic CC cleaner, and as u all said I'll just stay with that, and what I have already pre-installed, many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?