Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 from cover disc problem.

mooly 13:12 21 Sep 2009

Been trying out Ashampoo Burning Studio 9.
Running on Vista HP with 2GB RAM.
Problem. If I rip an individual (or a few) tracks from a CD to store on the HDD for later burning I get a huge amount of Disk thrashing that lasts for 5 to 10 minutes after the application has been closed.
Performance and reliability monitor show 90% Disk use, "svchost" appears many many times in the list, with things on my HDD that I haven't accessed for weeks. For example C\pictures\such and such. Same for music items.
Even more bizarre, RAM usage falls away to 20% or so, with the page file brought into constant use, 200 hard memory faults a minute. It's almost as if the program stops the RAM being used. This lasts for as long as 10 minutes after ripping a track and to get the RAM usage back to normal requires a restart.
Anyone else noticed anything like this.

mooly 13:22 23 Sep 2009

Nobody ? :)
It should actually be Burning Studio 2009 Advanced and not "9".
Contacted Ashampoo and they just say try different media and update firmware etc. This problem is nothing to do with anything like that. It all works but shouldn't cause this HDD activity when finished and closed.
Is there an Ashampoo Forum anywhere... searched and can't find anything obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?