Ashampoo Burning studio 10

Muergo 00:30 18 Feb 2011

Anybody tried this version, they are discounting it down to about a tenner, I used the version 9 and it was simple and effective, much easier than Nero.

Any views?

Strawballs 02:17 18 Feb 2011

Have nero and studio 10 and I tend to use Ashampoo a lot more than nero

ashdav 02:48 18 Feb 2011

Only difference between Studio 9 and Studio 10 is support for burning BlueRay so unless you've got a BlueRay burner I wouldn't bother.
I've got both versions (free licences from a while ago) and agree that it's excellent software.
Particularly like the cover printing facility.

Simsy 11:56 18 Feb 2011

for some time, upgrading to the lates free version several times....

The latest, came on a coverdisc of a rival mag last month, is caled Burning Studio Elements 10...

I believe it differs from the paid for version by not having a significant feature, which is DVD authoring.

That is to say the means to create the content for a DVD, with autorun menu etc.

I'm open to correction on that however!

Regards,

Simsy

Bapou 17:44 18 Feb 2011

Spot on, no DVD authoring. Which is also the only disappointment I have with Ashampoo 2010.

Removed Nero 6 which was the latest version I had in favour of a more up to date Ashampoo. Fortunately was able to restore Nero's Vision Express on it's own to compensate for the absence of DVD authoring.

Bapou 17:53 18 Feb 2011

I retained the link to Ashampoos' offer of free programs, including Burning Studio 10.
click here

Give it a try, it may still work. Saves you a tenner if it does.

birdface 18:13 18 Feb 2011

Or here maybe.

click here

Muergo 00:28 19 Feb 2011

Thanks to you all, now a combination of both of those last links I was able to get an updated version of Ashampoo 2011 Advanced with extra facilities, for precisely nothing!

As soon as I had finished installing this program after having uninstalled the Trial version, than a message arrived with key for the full version.

I also got another free download of full Snap3, probably same as Grabscreen but shall see.

Muergo 10:34 21 Feb 2011

I don't know whether Ashampoo do it deliberately but all their different versions confuse me.

I have Burning studio 2010 Advanced loaded and running, now they send me an upgrade offer for a tenner to move to burning studio 10.

I thought 2010 Advanced was an improvement on 10, but now I am not sure of anything.

I am quite happy with 2010 advanced, what do I get for my tenner.

Muergo 10:49 21 Feb 2011

Using burning 2010 there are two different functions, "Burning movies" or "copying movies" and the straightforward "Copy a DVD"
What's the difference?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?