,ASF Codec for WMedia player 11

kalstras 10:41 09 Dec 2007

Help!

I run a 32bit w/vista home premium and can't play .asf video files.

Help help help!

MAJ 11:22 09 Dec 2007

WMP should download, or at least attempt to download any codecs you don't have already. In WMP go to Tools > Options > Player tab and tick the "Enable automatic codec download" option. Then close WMP and try again.

kalstras 11:25 09 Dec 2007

yeah thanks, done that, and windows help sends me to WMPlugins, which is a broken or down, link.

I have a panasonic NV-GS5 Camera, and it only records MPEG4 onto my 2GB card, or its the old way of recording onto a tape (yuck)

Help!

MAJ 11:40 09 Dec 2007

Have you tried installing the K-Lite Codec Pack? click here

anchor 11:47 09 Dec 2007

Any help?; direct from Microsoft:

click here

kalstras 13:07 09 Dec 2007

Maj - the K-lite package is only a trail function, after the trial period is over a charge is requested.

anchor - the link you gave looks good, but I got an error stating that there is a conflict with my comp... something about a prerequisite was missing...

I'm going to ttry and reinstall media player 11 and see if that helps for a start, then I will post back here.

MAJ 13:23 09 Dec 2007

The klite codec pack is freeware, been using it for donkey's.

kalstras 13:37 09 Dec 2007

where on the page is the download, is it the top DivX one?

Sorry I'm such a div today lol

MAJ 13:45 09 Dec 2007

Click where it says "Download K-Lite Codec Pack" click here

That brings you to this page.click here

kalstras 13:58 09 Dec 2007

yeah thanks for that, it was a different page, but now I've got it thanks. Am I right in thinking it only works within media player basic though? I have a media centre pc and it would be friggin nice to be able to use it rather than that old dinosaur. Also what happened to WMplugins page?

What a let down, but anyhow thanks for the link my 'puter now plays my precious videos.

Cheers

MAJ 14:03 09 Dec 2007

Not sure about the old dinosaur, kalstras, but try having a raed at this page, it might help also. click here

VLC Media Player click here, should also play your videos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone