ASDL Router

Stoneywood 11:09 24 Sep 2009

Should a router be powered on 24/7?

I have had this router for two years and recently have had connection problems.
The solution seems to be to leave on between use.

Could the Modem be at fault?

oldbeefer2 12:40 24 Sep 2009

There have been loads of threads on this subject - have a look at click here.

ashleycardwell94 20:57 24 Sep 2009

is it an ADSL router?

Stoneywood 17:15 27 Sep 2009

>is it an ADSL router?<

Yes.
Stays connected when left on between use.
Also, from boot, often finds "local" servers, but not national. (Eurosport or Ebay)
On now by entering Netgear site and opening "reboot modem"
DGB

Strawballs 22:31 28 Sep 2009

My Cable router Linksys wrt54g has only been turned off about 3 or 4 times in the nearly 5yrs that I've had it.

lotvic 23:57 28 Sep 2009

My adsl Voyager 2110 router (wireless and ethernet) is turned off every night and switched on again in morning before booting the pc up.

My computer automatically connects to the Internet (ISP Talktalk) when I switch computer on.

What do you mean by:
"Also, from boot, often finds "local" servers, but not national. (Eurosport or Ebay) " ????

wee eddie 14:29 29 Sep 2009

Is turned On when the PC is turned on and Off when it is turned off. This may happen several times a day.

My connection speed has never suffered and is, except at Peak Periods, within 5% of my Contracted Speed. Downloads and Uploads the both.

wee eddie 14:30 29 Sep 2009

Is turned On when the PC is turned on and Off when it is turned off. This may happen several times a day.

My connection speed has never suffered and is, except at Peak Periods, within 5% of my Contracted Speed. Downloads and Uploads the both.

ashleycardwell94 00:10 02 Oct 2009

the only reason you should be having connection problems is if the router is overheating with happens to me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?