Aries computers.

bengo 14:18 06 Nov 2003

I would like to buy a new PC in the near future and have been looking at the savastore/watford electronics adverts in PC mags for the Aries Performa 2450+, the spec seems to suit my needs (don't require DVD burner or play any video intensive games). Has anyone had any experience with this company/PC, good or bad, any help would be gratefully appreciated,
Thanks

bof:) 15:00 06 Nov 2003

Hi bengo, click here this was all I could find in a search on this site.

Mike

dth 15:21 06 Nov 2003

I bought a new P/C from them about 18 months ago. They have decent kit at very good prices but if your are a newbie then best go elsewhere - as their after sales care is not too clever

RJay 20:00 06 Nov 2003

I bought one 2 years ago and after an initial problem with the PSU, which was replaced by Watford Electronics in a couple of days,and I've had no real problems with it since.
However the original delivery was chronically slow (about 5 weeks)as they build them in house on a scheduled rota I believe.

john-232317 20:50 06 Nov 2003

There are a lot for sale in Spain but i dont know where they are made, not on google.

They look good, and are cheap out here but had no experience.

john-232317 20:59 06 Nov 2003

Sorry mate different spelling Airis

click here

bengo 12:57 07 Nov 2003

thanks for advice.

Bought one for my dear old Mum last year and was implicated in my neighbour buying one about 3 months ago - No problems at all from either, seems reasonable value for money, not going to set the world alight but as has been said before good workhorses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone