Ares Regular 195

Air Force 18:45 28 Nov 2006

I have been using Ares for sometime, with good results. However, my granddaughter decided to download about 50 songs/videos at ome time and I can't get them to cancel or clear idle. I have removed Ares a few times, and downloaded it again but it always has the same download items going. I have tried ares ultra but it doesn't seem to want to work. Also, I had limewire but it doesn't want to work either (firewall of some kind) The windows firewall allows limewire and ares.

For what its worth I am now using Bear Share and it is pretty quick but not nearly as wide in scope as limewire or ares.

Totally-braindead 20:12 28 Nov 2006

I haven't heard of Ares I presume it is similar to Limewire and is a P2P program is this right?

You didn't ask any question, I presume what you want to do is get this Ares program working again.

If this is what you want then I suggest you delete it again using add/remove programs and then run ccleaner click here one of the things ccleaner is good at is removing bits and pieces of programs left behind and hopefully it will remove anything left behind when you delete it. I am not saying this will solve it as if the problem is at their end you may be stuck but its worth a try. One warning though, ccleaner will also delete log in names, passwords etc so be sure you have them written down first.
Only other idea I have is create another account with Ares as a different person.
If you are downloading copyright material from any of these sites then I have to point out that that is illegal and if you get caught, and quite a few have been, you will be heavily fined, and I mean heavily, last year I think it was a postman got caught and was fined something in the region of £100,000. And there is the risk of downloading a virus or malware as well as you are never positive as to what you are downloading in the first place.
Not getting on at you just pointing a couple of things out.
Good luck anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?