Area code

babes250 17:59 31 Aug 2007

Hello everyone, i'm new to the site so i hope i have the correct sub-forum, anyway here goes....

How can i set my pc security settings so that no-one can track which area i'm from? For example i have a tracker on my myspace page which enables me to see who's been visiting my profile from their area codes, is there anyway that i could change my settings so it wouldn't come up as *birmingham* or whichever county i'm from?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated x

Jackcoms 18:21 31 Aug 2007

Duplicate posting click here

spuds 12:10 01 Sep 2007

Is this being fair to other users. You want to find out, but you do not want to disclose?

Note that the thread as been ticked without a response. Was the problem solved?.

Clapton is God 12:22 01 Sep 2007

Have a look at the duplicate and, apparently ongoing, thread click here

spuds 13:00 01 Sep 2007

Perhaps a misunderstanding in my wording. I was perhaps suggesting that it may not be fair and possibly 'above board', to hide or disguise an IP address from others as a step for confidentiality, when the posters seeks IP address's from other users, like the myspace website as mentioned above etc.

I note recently, that there as been quite a number of discussion and media reports about problems with similar websites, with the information being given or obtained, and how some details/particulars are proving false and deceptive. Apparently, stricter controls are now being considered on some of these sites!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?