are these programs conflicting each other

bobbybluenose 23:43 30 May 2008

o/s xp/p ,i am using spy ware terminater super anti spyware>c/cleaner>avg8>mail washer,
since downloading super anti spyware my machine has gone into snail Pace also think i have picked up a virus somewhere along the line, i cannot close a programme without the machine locking out,when i try to shut a programme down i get a blank page, and it just sits there forever, the only way i can shut down is by turning the machine of by the on off switch,
i have scanned with avg 8.s/a/spy ware>also cleaned the crap up with c/cleaner and done a disc defrag and even tried running in safe mode but still no joy.any ideas

ronalddonald 00:06 31 May 2008

System restore b4 you added the last program to c if things get better
start: all Programs: Accessories: Sytem Tools: System Restore.

Or you could back up all your files and then do complete reinstallion of windows xp or a repair using your windos xp disk.

With avg8 a lot of people are complaining that it takes too long to scan hence causing slowness. Addiding another 1GB could help as well.

Normallyi use two to three programs and not more than that to do scans, anti virus software, adware and malware.

birdface 08:19 31 May 2008

If you only had the problem since downloading Superantispyware remove it and see if computer works any better.

bobbybluenose 08:47 31 May 2008

ronalddonald thanks ,
butman i have removed superantispyware and my machine working fine, so i will stick with my original spy ware thank you for your time bbn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?