Are there...

Les 18:13 17 Jun 2006

any MSN Messenger users who can solve a problem my friend has had since the restoring of my 'C' drive from an image made last April. She tells me that, in the main window (ie:- the one holding all the addies etc) the names are shown on alternate lines whereas she would like to have it put back to single lines as it wss previously.

I'm not a user myself, consequently I only see this page when she has logged on. She insists that it was single line 8-))

VoG II 18:26 17 Jun 2006

I think it depends on how many contacts you have. On mine with few contacts they are double-spaced but on my daughter's with 'thousands' they are single-spaced. Has she done some pruning of contacts?

Les 19:43 17 Jun 2006

First, thanks for the reply. No, she hasn't deleted any and, believe me, if I had inadvertantly 'lost' some in the restoration of my 'C' Drive (not possible I think) I wouldn't have heard the last of it 8-)). I haven't a clue how many she has but it's certainly over one page's worth.

Clearly, that is the problem I suppose, your'e obviously aware of what these youngsters are like so you can guess that it's just too much trouble to scroll the page. Were we that way when their age, ie: 14 going on 40?

Would I be correct in thinking that her 'addies' are not kept on my computer but actually on the Hotmail site? Would I be correct in thinking that a fresh install would therefore not affect thos addies.

What I find rather strange is that she insists that it was single line before April (when I made the image with Acronis). I guess that she must be mistaken for it's the folder MSN Messenger that I have restored from that image.

Les 20:27 17 Jun 2006

Snap, I'd just found that solution and clicked back on here to find that you had too! But I had to create entries of known addies first so that I could check through the various menus - thanks to both.

That should shut her up for a little while 8-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?