Are my computer componants compatible with Linux??

Rikku 10:36 17 Aug 2003

I would like to know if my computer is compatible with linux is their a webby that i can goto which will check it for me? because i want to change from windows :P i just bought a new mobo processor and ram so i dont5 really wanna change them after paying so much i have

asus p4xp-x mobo
intel celeron 2.40 Ghz processor
crucial 512 ram DDR
generic soft K56 modem
Panasonic DVD drive - no more info (dusnt play dvds the question is in anutha topic)
AOpen CD-RW
panasonic floppy disk
Creative speakers
Scott monitor logitec mouse and universal keyboard

is this enough info?? or could you recomend another operating system for me? im looking to but a new HD to put the new installation onto

Seagate barracuda 60 GB

if there is a webby please tell me it i have seen a windows xp one but i cant find it anymore.

also do usb ports work i read that on the 6.1 version they still didnt work and what about software. . .will things like dreamweaver work on red hat linux 9?

Thanks in advance - Ashley

Eastender 10:55 17 Aug 2003

These may be of some help. click here and
click here

Eastender 10:59 17 Aug 2003

I meant to add:-
Pay special attention to the modem, at the time I tried Linux it would not work with a PCI 'WinModem' Best of luck.

Rikku 15:56 17 Aug 2003

the first webby what ever search i out in it comes up with nothing plus im trying to get red hat linux not mandrake linux and i was thinking more along the lines like the webby scans ure compa and determins what will work and what will not i will keep trying though, any answers to my other questions?? does linux support usb 2 yet?? and is it compatible with programmes like dreamweaver?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?