Applying search facilities on DVD's

23790954 12:26 19 May 2008

Hi there,
As an elderly person, I spend most of my time on my computer, learning different projects, which I enjoy. I have just transferred several of my favourite music tracks onto DVD, which I have played in my dvd player, with excellent results.
However I would like to be able to use the search facility of my DVD player to select the track I want to view, and view it, without going through the whole DVD again. Is it possible to make such a DVD and if so, how do I go about it.
I use NERO 7 for burning the DVD's
ALSO after using a re-writable dvd disc, how do you clear the information from it, so that you can use it again.

eedcam 13:15 19 May 2008

Hi first the RW you just erase it then use it again. As for selection ability I use a programme called audio dvd creator .That makes an actual dvd with menu and chapters showing track titles etc., Playable on a stand alone player as well as pc Not a data dvd with just the tracks on it Its not free and the working trial allows only a few tracks but you will be able to see what it does with that.It is very straight forward to use click here

23790954 17:42 19 May 2008

Thanks for that eedcam,
I found a process of wiping the re-writable disc clean. However I have downloaded and installed the easy DVD creator you recommended above, and have tried to load the files for burning, without success. I have tried these files in 2 different file types, but each time I go into the folder containg the files, My Documents/my videos, it does not show any of the files to drop and drag. I can play these file on my computer, so theres no problem with the files.
Can you tell me the best file system to convert these files to, in order that I can make a project on the software.
Thanks very much for your help.

eedcam 19:12 19 May 2008

HI The files need to be either Wav or mp3 you are selecting add music files and not audio cd . Anyway do you see this when you get to the stage off adding files .You cannot drag and drop
[IMG]click here[/IMG]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone