Applying Pipex Spam Filter to e-mails

Halmer 21:08 10 Aug 2008

Does anyone use this and is it possible to set it up to delete spam automatically so that it doesn't appear in your Thunderbird Inbox or do you have to apply the filter manually each time on the Pipex site?

woodchip 22:52 10 Aug 2008

Why not just use the one you have? right click the Message and click junk, next time it should go into the Junk Trash folder

john bunyan 23:14 10 Aug 2008

Halmer. Before launching Outlook Express (My Mail) I go to My Pipex, look at webmail, blacklist spam, purge deleted. Then open OE,In this way spam does not come near my PC. I believe Thunderbird works in a similar way. Only trouble is, I have about 2,500 blocked sites on the ISP,s server - I wish they woul somhow incorporate yjem at source.

Halmer 09:45 11 Aug 2008

that's what I was wondering. Can I get them deleted automatically at source rather than thunderbird having to deal with them.

If I have to enter the isp webpage and then delete them manually before firing up thunderbird it hardly seems worth it to me.

john bunyan 13:54 11 Aug 2008

I think Pipex may come out with a better system sometime soon. At least the current system stops them coming to your computer. I don't have Thunderbird, but it sounds like the Pipex system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?