Application Failed to initialise

Ferri 00:32 12 Nov 2005

While I am working or if I am on Internet, for no reasone everything stop working. When I go to Task Manger it give a massage saying "The aplication faild to intialised properly (OXC0000017) click on Ok to terminate the application" I than have to restart the computer. What is wrong and who can I correct it?

torver 00:59 12 Nov 2005

Have you done a full system scan for spyware using spybot click here or microsofts antispyware click here as some forums suggest this error is due to malware

Devil Fish 03:25 12 Nov 2005

have you recently installed any new devices

Devil Fish 03:27 12 Nov 2005

sorry should be have you installed any new devices and /or software recently

Ferri 17:31 20 Nov 2005

I use Windows XP, While I am working or if I am on Internet, for no reasone everything stop working. When I go to Task Manger it give a massage saying "The aplication faild to intialised properly (OXC0000017) click on Ok to terminate the application" I than have to restart the computer. I have carried out both Anti spyware and Anti virous check. they are all clean. What is wrong and who can I correct it?

VoG II 17:38 20 Nov 2005

Do you have Aventail Connect VPN (virtual private network) program installed on your computer?

Ferri 22:21 20 Nov 2005

VoG
I do have network, but it is a home computer and it is not conected to any other network.
I don't know what is "Aventail Connect VPN"

Ferri 19:23 01 Dec 2005

I tried to system file check. But it tels me to insert Windows XP CD" but I don't have one. Also wher do I look for VPN?
Sorry I am not very technical on computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?