Apparent connection to a sound network, but no net

jdware 11:10 28 Jan 2008

What reasons could there possibly be for my laptop suddenly not being able to identify wireless networks that it had previously been able to connect to quite easily? I am finding that my laptop either cannot connect to these networks, had 'limited access' or 'limited connectivity'. On the rare occassions it does apparently connect, I am unable to access the internet or see other devices. The networks (including routers, hubs, etc) themselves are fine as other PCs and laptops are able to connect perfectly well. Bear in mind that I'm a computer dunce and that only a matter of days ago, this wasn't an issue. (I am running Vista as the OS, btw)

setecio 22:30 28 Jan 2008

Log into your wireless router and check that it is broadcasting its SSID, since a new network in the area might cause this if your router is not broadcasting its SSID.

jdware 11:33 29 Jan 2008

Unfortunately this doesnt seem to be the problem, as the SSID is being broadcasted and my laptop has no problem with 'seeing' the wireless network. However, when one tries to connect to it, the problems start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires