An apology from me

Forum Editor 00:23 23 Mar 2004

to anyone who's emailed me today. Our mail server appears to be on the blink, and I can't access any inbound mail. The server's located at company HQ in America, so I can hardly get at it with a screwdriver. It's bound to be fixed soon, and I'll respond to my mail - please forgive the delay.

end 01:01 23 Mar 2004

thanks...???we are down to only one page, now...at least that i all I can get.....???technology "hitches"????,,,gremlins at it again.....?????

GaT7 01:16 23 Mar 2004

The FE has already given an appropriate explanation - click here

Forum Editor 01:25 23 Mar 2004

down to only one page now, and what has that got to do with my email?

Use the link provided by Crossbow7.

Bagsey 08:05 23 Mar 2004

Despite the FE assertion that the answer had been given and pointing us to the link that you provided I can find no posting from the FE on that link as of today, or any explanation of why we are down to 2 pages.

Dumble452 08:27 23 Mar 2004

Give FE a break. This must have been a mammoth task and there are bound to be some teething problems. This is by far the best computer help site that I found. I for one just want to say thanks, I'm sure that these problems will be resolved.

stlucia 08:34 23 Mar 2004

I agree with you, Bagsey: I've followed all the links, and links from links, and can find no mention of why we're down to 2 pages. In my opinion, at least 24-hours worth should be shown, which is probably 5 or more pages.

Pesala 08:43 23 Mar 2004

For those of you who may have missed the threads I posted on Wednesday - we have moved the forum to a new server in a different location.

Ultimately this will mean a more stable performance, but the move was complex and there are obviously some teething problems. We're working on it, and we'll have things running smoothly as soon as possible. It can take up to 24 hours for the Domain name databases around the world to propagate a new DNS, and in the meantime you'll notice a different url being called when you log in.

Tomorrow is another day.

Sir Radfordin 12:53 23 Mar 2004

See this is what happens when you export jobs (and computers...since they are really humans aren't they?!) to another country!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:59 23 Mar 2004

Never noticed,lol.

Regards.

Paranoid Android 18:40 23 Mar 2004

Would you like me to interface with your mail server and give it a little pep talk ? It's probably feeling a bit depressed.

I can do that if you like. Just for you.

If you don't mind the smell of melting circuits.

Give me the IP address and I'll see what I can do.

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017