Apology for AubreyS

Eargasm 21:56 01 Mar 2004

I would just like to apologise to AubreyS for a comment i made about the "just a suggestion" thread.I initially thought that you had posted the thread tongue -in- cheek, but since reading the other replies, realise that many people do not think to solve problems from the google site.I am by no means an "expert" and it is never my intention to come to this forum to offend anyone.
Iv'e had great help in the past from many members on this forum and long may it continue.

Viv-208691 22:04 01 Mar 2004

i found that particular thread quite interesting, does anyone have a link for it please?

Viv-208691 22:04 01 Mar 2004

i found that particular thread quite interesting, does anyone have a link for it please?

keenan 22:06 01 Mar 2004
  keenan 22:06 01 Mar 2004
  halfachance 22:10 01 Mar 2004

clicking on "view your postings" would have took you there.

halfachance 22:10 01 Mar 2004

clicking on "view your postings" would have took you there.

gudgulf 22:42 01 Mar 2004

I don't think it was your comment that caused offence----and I suspect that it was posted in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

Nevertheless AubreyS's point is very valid--it is often very easy to use Google to look up answers to problems.Im no expert either but I am learning all the time(especiallly with the advice of the real experts on this site)----Easy that is provided you know that there might be a simple answer to your problem and provided that you are able to search for the right things and use the results you get or even navigate the sites you find that might help!!

I have an inclination that the ability to use a good search engine such as Google to track down answers to your pc problems is a skill that would make a good topic for inclusion in the PCA magazine.

AubreyS---Excellent topic for debate

nil ignoramus carborundum!!!

gudgulf 22:42 01 Mar 2004

I don't think it was your comment that caused offence----and I suspect that it was posted in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

Nevertheless AubreyS's point is very valid--it is often very easy to use Google to look up answers to problems.Im no expert either but I am learning all the time(especiallly with the advice of the real experts on this site)----Easy that is provided you know that there might be a simple answer to your problem and provided that you are able to search for the right things and use the results you get or even navigate the sites you find that might help!!

I have an inclination that the ability to use a good search engine such as Google to track down answers to your pc problems is a skill that would make a good topic for inclusion in the PCA magazine.

AubreyS---Excellent topic for debate

nil ignoramus carborundum!!!

AubreyS 22:46 01 Mar 2004

I have emailed Eargasm saying that there was no offence taken and I can see why he thought that I was not being serious. It takes guts to admit being wrong and he's apologised. Thats good enough for me.

AubreyS 22:46 01 Mar 2004

I have emailed Eargasm saying that there was no offence taken and I can see why he thought that I was not being serious. It takes guts to admit being wrong and he's apologised. Thats good enough for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?