Aotorun problem

User-7A745D18-AA77-4264-9D17E76CC8A1664E 10:12 23 Jan 2005

I have just purchased a Tiny Powerlite C825 Lapttop and I am having problmes whereby Auorun fails more often than not. I am convinced that the problem is not the result of any software I have installed as I have used the recovery disc to return the machine to it's factory settings but the problem persists.

I have read some of the threads relating to this subjcet but have not been able to resolve the problem. I downloaded the patch from Microsoft's web site and have also checked the registry entries, which in accordance with Microsoft's web site, are set correctly for autorun. I also spoke with Tiny's technical support and they were unable to resolve the problem.

Any possible solutions would be appreciated.

Bump

stalion 19:08 23 Jan 2005

do not know what system you are useing but try this click here

VoG II 19:11 23 Jan 2005

Is this Windows XP and if so Home or Professional?

Thanks for replies.

Sorry, I realise that I shuld have mentioned the OS, which is XP Home with SP2. System comes supplied with SP1 installed but still same problem before upgrade to SP2

I have already downloaded the fix suggested by Stalion but it reported that there were no roblems.

Any other suggestions welcome.

...unlike with my typing skills :)-

VoG II 20:07 23 Jan 2005

Thanks VoG but unless I have missed the point, the above link gives details of how to disable autorun but I am trying to enable it.

I have checked the values in the registry, which are correct for enabling autorun. The really strange thing is that it sometimes works, but very rearely.

THE TERMINATOR 20:47 23 Jan 2005

click here and try this fix....TT

stalion 20:54 23 Jan 2005

Regarding your post in consumer watch I would not mess to much at this time until you have spoken to Tiny
Regards

Good point, Stalion. I will speak with Tiny tomorrow but I can restore the machine to it's factory settings before return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires