AOL/Netgear Wireless problem

m800afc 23:32 22 Apr 2007

I have a Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router supplied by AOL Silver. My pc is connected via Ethernet cable and everything is fine, good connection, good speed, no drop-outs. I purchased a Netgear WG111, which is listed as a supported wireless adapter. Despite following the installation very carefully I am not able to connect my laptop to the internet via the adapter. Every thing displays as a good connection, but I cannot connect. I get a message saying "Limited or no connectivity, consult the person in charge of the network".
I disconnected the ethernet from my PC and tried the wireless adapter there. Same result. Please can some nice person explain what is happening and how to resolve the problem. I am using XP Pro on both machines

^wave^ 09:35 23 Apr 2007

have you got wep or wpa set up on the router if so take off the security and try again also do you have a firewall this also may be stopping you.

daisy2bell 12:02 23 Apr 2007

I had a similar problem a while back, and I seem to recollect that I had to change a setting on the netgear settings page.
There is the
WG111 which is 54Mbps
and
WG111T which is 108Mbps

It worked for me once I changed this setting.
Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?