Aoldial.exe is causing problems

SB23 10:07 26 Nov 2005

Have been using Aol Broadband for some time now,because of this I disabled the modem.All has been ok till recently.Now, when I try to close down my pc, aoldial.exe is still running and will not shut down,and it is taking 5 or 6 attempts to get the pc to turn off.This has been a problem on and off for a while now,but it is getting silly now,can I delete this little program or not?

Gongoozler 10:15 26 Nov 2005

Have a look here click here

Near the bottom of the page is a paragraph titled PROGRAMS HANG / BECOME UNRESPONSIVE. This includes a suggestion "If Windows is hanging because it can’t force a program to terminate, one solution is to disable the automatic end task logic . Use this registry patch to force that setting change."

stalion 10:22 26 Nov 2005

download and run this it should assist you in removing Aoldial.exe if you need further help post again
click here

SB23 10:40 26 Nov 2005

Will this patch automatically cure my problem,and stop aoldial.exe from running,coz I don't understand what it will actually do

SB23 10:42 26 Nov 2005

Similar program to this is Startup Inspector,which I have and according to the program aoldial is already turned off.

stalion 10:46 26 Nov 2005

the link I have posted is to help you remove it

SB23 10:48 26 Nov 2005

Thanks,will have a look,and let you know what happens.

SB23 14:21 26 Nov 2005

Thanks for your help,problem seems to have been sorted,just rebooted pc,no mention of aoldial.exe needing to close.
Sb23

phil46 14:46 26 Nov 2005

Disable auto dial click AOL ICON and choose settings and uncheck auto dial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?