AOL - Wireless - Netgear - Belkin - Problem

pgj 19:49 20 Apr 2008

I am trying to get a wireless set up running at home. My ISP is AOL (9RV) Operatinf system XP Pro - I’m using a Netgear DG834G and Belkin G+ USB adapter.

I installed everything yesterday and got the Netgear running fine using a cable connection but had problem with the Belkin. After investigating the situation I visited Belkin’s site and found what AOL were not telling me and that was I had to set up the correct encryption for the adapter/modem. Everything then seemed to work fine

However, after signing off I have not been able to get back on using wireless. Further, even using the wired method if I sign off I cannot get back on unless I restart my PC.

Anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help as AOL is useless?

ronalddonald 16:05 22 Apr 2008

Get rid of aol, im in the process of doing it this month, instead sign up to 2 mobile broadband its made a world of difference for me and my family. We signed up to 18 months, that was over 3 weeks ago and we havent looked back. In case your wonderingwhy we havent completely dithed aol, its because we got to notify quite a few organisations of our email addres change. Since we had 3 broadband we have opened email accounts in gmail and hotmail, and w r having great fun!

RobCharles1981 16:54 22 Apr 2008

pgj

As ronalddonald says

Get Rid of AOL now and thats what I did, I'm now with Falconet - So far I'm very impressed with the customer service and performance its early days yet as I'm in the 10 Day training period on my line.

Further more can you go to click here

And find out whats currently where you are at the moment.]

Regards

Rob

pgj 08:17 23 Apr 2008

I have been with aol for 5 years. I have 1000's of important email saved on their server and years of Favourites too.

I am now on line with my wireless. I have to do a total AOL uninstall and reinstall as some of their fike were corrupt or not there at all.

I do admit if I had not got years of saved files on the aol server I would seriously think about changing ISP.

pgj 10:19 13 May 2008

Eventually got AOL to resolve this issue for me. Cost an arm and a leg on the phone to them. They eventually showed me how to enter the settinging of the netgear modem by typing a key into the intenet explorer address bar. Why that information was not part of the instructions sent with the box I don't know???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?