AOL wireless BB offer

Pidder 18:30 24 Jul 2006

I'm considering taking up AOL's Silver BB offer,with a free wireless router, it's cheaper than I'm paying Wanadoo (now Orange) for 2 mb, and anyway I find that I generally only get between 500 and 1k mbs. What do other folks think about the offer?

patsyanne 20:53 24 Jul 2006

I didnt know they were offering that ,i am aol broadband silver with modem so it looks like only new customers can get the free wireless router.

woodchip 20:55 24 Jul 2006

It may be your line not ISP that's the problem

Taff™ 03:41 25 Jul 2006

Switching from another supplier also gets you a one month contract instead of 12 months. Read the small print to understand what your obligations are if you cancel within a 12 month period though. (Sometimes ISP`s will charge you an "exit" fee to recover the modem cost) £14.99 per month with unlimited downloads is competitive.

I agree with woodchip - it could be the line that`s the problem but quite frankly I`m quite happy with 1 Mb speeds at the moment.

Pidder 09:20 25 Jul 2006

Thanks all. I'll think about the possible line problem although I'm not all that far from the exchange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?