AOL users please note

Forum Editor 07:35 11 Jan 2004

I receive many emails each day from forum members, and I try to reply to all of them (although I don't always succeed).

One problem of late has been that replies I send to some AOL email addresses are being bounced - presumably because the spam-filtering on the AOL servers identifies my address - moderator@idg.com - as a potential spam source. So, if you've written to me and haven't received a response you know the reason.

holly polly 10:11 11 Jan 2004

One way round it is to quote a secondary address such as a hotmail account ,for this purpose ,i'm on AOL and i agree it can be a right pain ,testing the aol thailand 9 beta browser at the mo ,so after constructive feedback from the beta testers hopefully this prob will be sorted-regards hol pol...

Cesar 10:11 11 Jan 2004

I use AOL 8.0 and have had no trouble in receiving your forum guide, I shall be sending a feedback e-mail to AOL pointing out that this is a well respected forum with over 128,000 Members and the concern of members about blocking this address.

Forum Editor 10:54 11 Jan 2004

the AOL problem hasn't affected all mail to AOL - just to some users. I've also had the same problem with hotmail addresses, but in reverse. Forum users with hotmail addresses - particularly alpha-numerical ones - are often trapped by our own mail-server's spam filter. They go into quarantine, and I may not see them for a couple of days.

gold 47 15:29 11 Jan 2004

If your running AOL go to Keyword mail control and you can turn off there antispam control if wish.

palinka 18:17 11 Jan 2004

Forum Editor, I experienced similar problems when sending a mailing to 11 members of a committee with an attachment (the minutes of a meeting!). The one addressed to a member whose account was with AOL bounced back; the rest were all delivered as usual.
I consider their action unnecessarily high handed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?