AOL upgrade

rdlandco 07:19 21 Apr 2007

AOL downloaded and installed some new files to me yesterday and these put a moving banner advert screen at the bottom of my read email screen. I find this distracting and wonder if anyone knows how to get rid of it, other than moving the window down, which you cannot do in an enlarged window anyway.
Also, my 'write email' window now does not have a 'send now, send later, address book button' on the right, as before.
Any advice appreciated.
Titch Smith

Diemmess 09:35 21 Apr 2007

Hi Tich,
I use Aol Silver

Your second question first, the write email window:
No change on mine, still have the buttons you lack.

The advert banner across the bottom of the read email window:
This is hardly obtrusive on mine. It changes frequently and is not always animated. I do use a smaller (not full screen) size.

But taken together and by changing recently, it may be that something is corrupted or invaded.

I have had a good spell of stable and reliable connection for months now, so not sure which of the Aol tweaking programmes to try, but after a thorough scan for malware, you could try their Live Chat?
From my experience there you will be quoted from some "Good Book" without much regard for your individual problems.

feb 10:21 21 Apr 2007

Hi Titch Smith

For the buttons click here

feb 11:04 21 Apr 2007

Although this dosen't actually get rid of the adds, it does hide them.

Drag the email window down to hide the ad....then at the top of the screen, click Window > Remember Window size and position.

You can do the same for the write email window.

rdlandco 07:38 22 Apr 2007

Many thanks for the replies to my query re the above. I have now found that the Send Now appears if I enlarge the window to full size but the banner is still at the bottom.

The upgrade on my laptop does not require the window enlarging and has the buttons. I have already hidden the banner by lowering the window and asking the computer to remedy it but the desktop enlarged screen will not move down.

I will try the suggestions given to me. Thanks again.

Titch Smith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?