AOL and Thunderbird

bellababy 06:10 23 Jan 2006

I have done my best to follow on line instructions to set up Thunderbird using my AOL ISP without any luck can any one help? AOL refuses to send messages.

bellababy 14:57 23 Jan 2006

Perhaps my quetion wasn't clear. I could set up Thunderbird but ccouldn't get AOL to send messages from AOL using Thunderbird.
Ivestigating further I find that this seems to be a problem with AOL.
I have deleted Thunderbird reinstated Microsoft Outlook Express and use my hotmail address to send mail,using AOL as my ISP.
Again I can't send mail from 'M.O.Express'if I want to use my AOL addres,seems AOL want to block it!
Anything is better than all the bumf that comes with AOL, so I'll carry on using hotmail,

Coff 15:53 23 Jan 2006

click here for details of how to use Outlook Express with AOL.

Incoming mail server is imap.uk.aol.com

Outgoing mail server is smtp.uk.aol.com

The port number for the outgoing server is 587.

The port number for the incoming server is 143.

I don't use Thunderbird but, hopefully, it's a similar set up procedure.

Coff 16:08 23 Jan 2006

Also click here

bellababy 16:39 23 Jan 2006

Thanks Coff done as in your first response, only thing could be different is incoming server 143 I'll check it our later. Got to go out now.

bellababy 18:27 23 Jan 2006

Coff. Many, many thanks.
Back tracked and the thing I think I had wrong was outgoing sever, once I altered to 587 everything went A OK.
Thanks again, something so simple, but isn't that usually the way with these anoying little beasts.

picklsey 18:29 23 Jan 2006

for ref.

bellababy 18:38 23 Jan 2006

PS.
Havn't bothered with Thunderbird, may try some other time, I'm happy to get MS Outlook Express up and running and sending and downloading my AOL mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?