AOL spyware problem.

MeandHer 09:59 27 Apr 2008

Hi,
Keep getting a pop up window in the last day saying Aol spyware has found one instance of spyware.
The window says i can block it if i want.
It also says view result but when i click that nothing comes up or shows.
A while ago after another AOL UPDATE i lost for some reason One click fixes and AOL spyware protection.
Did try to download one click fixes again but with no luck.
It downloads but when i start prog it suddenly ends and disappears off screen.
AOL spyware protection seems no longer available unless you get Aol security suite.
Have run a search for AOL SPYWARE files and folders on pc but nothing comes up.
So how the hell am i supposed to know what spyware AOL has found.
THANKS.

FatboySlim71 10:23 27 Apr 2008

My advice is to use some other Anti Spyware program. I found AOL Spyware program to be pretty poor to be honest.

There are plenty of other free Anti Spyware programs. I have provided some links below.

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Miros 10:32 27 Apr 2008

I think One click fixes is part of AOL Computer check up. If you don't have it you can download Computer Check Up from: click here

First read this as you may already have it.click here

User-1229748 10:57 27 Apr 2008

don't know whether you are running vista but aol one click fixes is not vista ready or it wasn't when i was with aol

MeandHer 11:00 27 Apr 2008

Thanks for help.
FatboySlim.
Not bothered about aol spyware.
Problem is how do i get rid of window telling me i have spyware.
When i can't find aol spyware programe files or folder to get rid of?

Miros
Have computer check up and runs ok and allways has.
But since an upgrade have not been able to open one click fixes.
It connects to one click fixes but then just switches off.
Have downloaded 2 or 3 times but same thing happens.

Miros 11:14 27 Apr 2008

Just checked mine and it still OK. It was a few weeks since I last used so just making sure!

Which versions of AOL are you using? The latest is now out AOL 9.1 I have been using that for a few weeks now see click here it is compatible with Vista I believe though I'm using XP.

Afterwords using computer check up you will be able to get rid of old versions of AOL if you wish.

FatboySlim71 22:32 27 Apr 2008

"how do i get rid of window telling me i have spyware.
When i can't find aol spyware programe files or folder to get rid of?"

The joys of AOL software. Anyway, if my memory serves me correct I think there is an option in the startup which is something similar to AOL Libraries or similar, try unticking this and then restart you PC and see if this stops the window telling you that you have spyware.

If you cannot find an option called AOL Libraries, you should be able to find some entry for AOL, try unticking these.

Depending on your Operating System:

But in Vista click the Start button and type msconfig in the very bottom of the window that opens, in XP click Start/run and type msconfig.

After you have unticked the entry/or entries you need to restart your PC for the changes to take affect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?