AOL resolution problem

Bobhec 22:47 24 Apr 2007

Everytime I log onto AOL the screen resolution is at 800x600 pixels. I go into the control panel and change it, but everytime i log on again it just reverts back to 800x600 pixels.My screen also turns black for a few seconds occasionally while i'm on AOL. This is driving me mad. Any ideas what may be wrong?

MAJ 22:54 24 Apr 2007

I don't use AOL, but I don't suppose there is an option anywhere in their preferences, to do that when you visit their site, is there?

provider 2 23:03 24 Apr 2007

I don`t think this is an AOL problem. At least nothing like that has ever happened while I`ve been on AOL. Plenty of other things though ....

ashdav 00:36 25 Apr 2007

Such as ?....
Very helpful post.

FatboySlim71 07:54 25 Apr 2007

I agree, I dont think AOL is the problem, I use AOL and my screen resolution is set at and has been for the last three years at 1280 x 1024 and ive never had any of your problems.

FatboySlim71 08:00 25 Apr 2007

Just a thought but when you say 'I go into the control panel and change it' after you have changed it in the control panel, did you click on APPLY THEN ON OK, as you need to do this for the changes to take affect.

Other than that, the only thing I could suggest is that you may have some software for your graphics card that is loading up on startup, and it may be that there is some setting (screen resolution) that you need to alter in there.

birdface 08:20 25 Apr 2007

There have been a few problems the same as yours over the weekend,It may pay you to have a look back,And see if they managed to get a fix for it.

birdface 08:22 25 Apr 2007

click here this was one of them.

Bobhec 16:04 25 Apr 2007

When I go to the control panel I do "apply "but it still makes no difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?