AOL removal tool for XP? is there one?

p;3 09:06 03 Mar 2007

no; NOT a norton removal tool this time but trying to remove AOL from a computer (not my own) with win XP SP2 on it ( and a host of other problems being dealt with by log experts)
tried to remove AOL via add remove programs but remnants are stubborn
IS there a tool specifically FOR AOL removal (without ripping out the entire contents of the XP (much as at this point I might wish to));the comp is not mine so I am being 'careful' with any tool I use on it as ,as I will be the one using the tool ,I will be 'responsible' for the resultant mess if it all goes wrong ,refuses to boot or whatever

any offers team?

P3

VoG II 09:19 03 Mar 2007

click here then run ccleaner click here

p;3 20:21 03 Mar 2007

will'hold on'to this until the comp has been annnihalated

woodchip 20:24 03 Mar 2007

I had it on a new Desktop and Laptop. First if it's loaded remove from Add Remove then Do a search for Aol, Only delete the Aol that you know is the ISP
You can do the same in Regedit From the Run Box Search in Regedit comes under Edit in the Menu and to go to next you press F3

p;3 20:30 03 Mar 2007

I THINK PART of the 'problem' is the two profiles on horrid thing; am requesting reduction to ONE profile for ease of working on it;

rdave13 22:32 03 Mar 2007

In add/remove uninstall"aol you've got pictures" if it's there. Next use AOL uninstaller (choose which products to remove) and uninstall all. Uninstall AOL coach version. Next uninstall AOL.uk. If you have more than one version then uninstall one at a time and reboot as instructed. Uninstall AOL registration if there.

Start, run,search, ensure all hidden files and folders is ticked then type AOL. Delete all. Some will say unable to delete..etc but will on reboot.
Use search again to check and if clear run a reg. fix. AOL then uninstalled.

woodchip 22:40 03 Mar 2007

You need to take care when doing a search as aol may come as part of a word or file. Do not delete unless you are sure they are for Aol isp

Cesar 09:05 04 Mar 2007

^

p;3 13:07 04 Mar 2007

this comp shares two profiles; I am requesting it reduced to only ONE as I noticed when doing the removal on ONE profile it told me there was stuff being used; when I opened the second profile ( and got zapped by a virus)I noticed prograsm on IT; so it needs only ONE profile on it for an attempt to remove AOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?