Aol problems: not getting email from other servers

Jonelle 15:34 14 Oct 2006

I am on aol broadband 9. For the past two weeks I have been having problems receiving email into all 4 of my aol accounts. Email from Wanadoo was completely rejected last week, now it is arriving up to 3 days after it was sent. Similar events have occurred with email from talk talk. These are the ones I know about, I am concerned that people are sending me emails which never arrive, or are sent back, and they then assume that my email address is incorrect. I have also had a similar problem sending emails to tesco.net - they didn't arrive, but were not returned to me. Aol on-line help have not been very helpful. Is this happening to anyone else on aol? Any advice about what I should do?

Stuartli 15:39 14 Oct 2006

If you have Outlook Express check that all the e-mail accounts' messages are being sent and collected via AOL (OE>Tools>Accounts>highlight each account>Properties>Connection tab>Collect messages using this Connection... menu).

You may have to configure AOL or LAN depending on what type of connection you use.

BILL WHITE 20:48 14 Oct 2006

From inspection of the AOL message boards, this is a widespread problem which is impacting expert users who have checked all their settings for email and is definitely an AOL problem, not

Jonelle 08:49 15 Oct 2006

Your message on the forum notice board was cut off - could you resend? Thanks Jonelle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?