AOL no Internet

Liza 12:57 05 Mar 2010

I am having problems with AOL since 22 February I cannot get broadband connection for which I have a wireless router from them. They put a message on the phone ...they are aware of the broadband issues and are investigating .. meanwhile continue to try connecting... I am having to go to internet cafe for my mail etc. I cannot get any sense from technical help nor other sections. Please tell me how I can resolve this issue. I have obtained a mac code to transfer to talktalk but have to wait for this to activate. I have not left them as yet. Has anyone else been affected? Please help. Liza

Diemmess 16:15 05 Mar 2010

AOL I fear is dying on its feet.
As a loyal customer for many years and well before Broadband, up to a year ago it was the only service provider I had used.

AOL seems to have been bought out so many times that the latest owner (Carphone Warehouse?)has in my opinion let things slip, possibly only interested in the customers being switched to their more profitable providers.

I found AOL latterly to be strong on promise and very weak on delivery even after an Irishman pleaded for one more chance once I wanted out.

I now pay BT far too much for a good service which so far was easy to install and has delivered at a consistantly high speed (near the maximum for where I live.)

The consolation is that though I changed just over a year ago, I can still use the familiar AOL software whenever I choose.

It still receives mail from those who didn't change to my new address though only the Master name still responds.
Best of all I can still access my address book and old email if I wish or an old link which hasn't been transferred to the new Email.

Go ahead, you have nothing to lose any more assuming you are outside the contract period, and do choose wisely before casting your lot with a new Service Provider.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017