AOL Mail

ened 08:28 03 Aug 2008

For the second weekend running I am having problems with this.

This morning I am unable to download any emails with Windows Mail.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Diemmess 11:21 03 Aug 2008

Sorry to need more explanation.

Are you using Aol in which case why not use the Aol email facility (the best part of Aol) or -

Are you having trouble opening/receiving email from an Aol subscriber?

ened 11:45 03 Aug 2008

I am using AOL.

I use Windows Mail. Why is the AOL facility so good?

At the moment I simply open the programme and send/receive mail (when it works). It seems simple enough or am I missing something?

I have used the software and can see there is mail waiting for me on the AOL server.

Also my wife has just logged on with her Laptop. using the same router etc. and downloaded her mail immediately.

ened 11:48 03 Aug 2008

"Are you having trouble opening/receiving email from an Aol subscriber?"

It is all mail - I even sent myself a test message. For some reason I cannot connect to the server using Windows Mail.

Yesterday it worked, today it doesn't.

I have not changed any settings but have checked them anyway.

provider 2 12:09 03 Aug 2008

Anything useful here: click here

Or re Vista: click here

ened 12:36 03 Aug 2008

I've tried the AOL help.

The only thing I noticed is that they advise using imap and I am using pop3. Having said that it has worked until now.

Just now I gave them a call but just wasted 20 minutes. I gather (it was hard to understand what he was saying)they are making 'improvements' and introducing 'New technology' which is why I can't access my email. When I asked why it was my wife had no problem I don't think I actually got an answer.

I started this thread to see if anyone else has the problem?

provider 2 12:47 03 Aug 2008

ened,

I too have major problems when trying to understand what on earth AOL Help are saying most of the time but especially when they go into "we don`t have a clue what`s wrong with it either" mode, in order to make you go away!

There`s this, but whether it clarifies anything, I`m not too sure. click here

realist 15:53 03 Aug 2008

If you're not using the full fat AOL mail service you get with the AOL browser why not simply log into your mail account at the AOL homepage and send/receive your mail there?

ened 16:28 03 Aug 2008

"If you're not using the full fat AOL mail service you get with the AOL browser why not simply log into your mail account at the AOL homepage and send/receive your mail there?"

I can do that, of course, but I am trying to find out if this is a universal problem. Or at least if anyone else is experiencing this (or similar)problem today.

I certainly do not wish to have to do that long term anyway.

mrwoowoo 16:35 03 Aug 2008

Anything useful here?
click here

Kaacee 16:48 03 Aug 2008

what is windows mail?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?