Aol keeps Reconnecting on broadband ???

2drewej 16:49 04 Apr 2005

i have aol broadband silver broadband.

about every half hour to hour it wont let you search and then about a minute later it reconnects itself.

it was ok a couple of weeks ago.
aol has suddly changed its connection from 256kps?
to somthing like 512kps?
could that be somthing to do with it or could it be because of a firewall or somthing like that ?

Jaklawson 15:43 30 Apr 2005

I had the exact same problem as you. (I am with AOl and also had microsoft problems crashing!!
against my earlier better judgement I decided to instal SP2 (I had heard it caused sooo many problems for so many users I had l held off installing it) my logic was I had auto updates installed and thought that some of them may be referring to SP2 which wasn't there..

so I bit the bullet and installed SP2.. Hey presto AOL worked great.... no disconnects since Three weeks and no probs with Microsoft products....Wish I had done so sooner!!!! No more unstable system!!!If you have not installed SP2 go for it jack

Jaklawson 15:46 30 Apr 2005

p.s to my earlier posting AOL upgraded everyones Broadband connections to double that previously. I too was on Silver at 256mb and was upgraded to 500mb... it is free so don't knock it :) jack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?