AOL Internet Connection Problems

Jenks39 21:19 12 Jan 2003
  Jenks39 21:19 12 Jan 2003

Apologies if my description is a bit vague, but a mate in work has AOL as his ISP and says that approx every 10 minutes his system either trips back to the connect / sign on screen or in some cases the screen just freezes completely, which results in a reboot. Any thoughts on what could be the problem would be much appreciated.

Cheers

shortcircuited 21:36 12 Jan 2003

if there are incoming calls it could disconnect your server

Jenks39 22:07 12 Jan 2003

Hi

As far as I am aware the connection is a regular phone line, but with it happening on a regular frequency it suggests that it isn't incoming calls.

Cheers

Alan-277820 01:03 13 Jan 2003

You could try and uninstall the adapter and reload it as some times this gets a bit confused like me.

Has he cleared his cache from system file this will allow it to connect smoothly.

try diffrent log on numbers to see if you get a better connection.

Is is machine the first connection on the line as aditional phones tend to play tricks with connections

My PC also disconnext randomly from AOL and "connection lost" appears.
All AOL can tell me is to try different connection numbers.
My previous service provider did not cause this problem (same PC, same modem, same phone line)
Is it, perhaps, something perculiar to AOL?
I have a friend who also shares the same problem.

PAM-260565 13:54 16 Jan 2003

Microsoft do a download to cure, or at least help, this problem. Go to -

click here;en-us;Q272016.

Other AOL problems can be found here -

click here

PAM-260565 13:56 16 Jan 2003

The first link wont work, But if you go the second link, and scroll down, you should find the problem and download you need

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?