AOL e-mail/favourites transfer

prdcb1 11:23 02 Jul 2008

I am changing isp from AOL to o2 however I have favourites and e-mails saved on AOL can anyone tell me an easy way of transferring these to my o2 account or even better my computer.

ronalddonald 13:00 02 Jul 2008

to your o2 a/c but guesing that o2 isnt ready. Get a memory stick copy and paste every email onto word if you want to save on your hard drive or memory stick.

FatboySlim71 22:22 02 Jul 2008

I had this trouble when I transfered from AOL. Basically with AOL they use a different file format for email and favorites than what the likes of Internet Explorer and Firefox use.

I found a program that made the transferring of the favorites easier (but not without frustration), but sadly I done away the program when I had eventually got my favorites transfered over and I cannot remember the name.

Regarding the email transfer, I basically just forwarded all the emails I was wanting kept to another email address I use.

Also, a lot of people do not realize that when you cancel your subscription with AOL, you can still access your emails by going to click here and logging in with your screen name and password. I do this from time to time to check for email that is getting sent to my AOL email address.

FatboySlim71 22:31 02 Jul 2008

From what I have read a program called ePreserver is the best/easiest program to use to do what you are wanting, but this program is not free.

Here's a few links that may be of interest to you.

click here
click here
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?