aol dial up

ellie82 21:09 06 Feb 2008

Hi,

I have a spare computer which i am giving to a friend. trouble is they only have dial-up and do not want BB.

So i fitted an PCI modem which has installed and xp found it and installed it automatically.

Trouble is, i am due to set it up for them and have never used AOL before. Do they just supply a software disc which you install and then enter you passwords/telephone number etc?

thanks

mammak 21:58 06 Feb 2008

click here

I have never used AOL either, and it has been so long since I have used dialup I really couldn't give you any other advice other than have a look at the link I have provided above good luck.

Totally-braindead 00:16 07 Feb 2008

I setup AOL for a friend a few months ago when he got a new PC all you need is an AOL disk. I'm afraid I'm not all that keen on AOL but thats what he wanted as he used them before.

Diemmess 09:15 07 Feb 2008

Using an Aol CD (version 9) should be a doddle.
The wizard is very straightforward.

Less happy about tariff etc. because I have a feeling that Aol would like to be shot of dial-up and may have quite a hefty fee for this service.

Unlike some earlier posts I'm happy with Aol and have been a "member" since the late nineties.

Is it too late to consider BB?
You know and I know that BB tramsforms the pleasure of using the Internet.

ellie82 12:19 07 Feb 2008

Thanks for your help, I will use the disk and hopefully it will be straight forward.

I have tried and tried but they really dont want to go on broadband, so I will just try and set up their dial-up. I have broadband but they are worried about security. There is nothing to worry about, but cant convince them.

Totally-braindead 13:59 07 Feb 2008

It is straight forward honestly. I had it done in about 10 minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?