AOL CONTRACT END

kdt 14:23 29 Oct 2005

My contract finished end Sept.512k silver 17.99 +
2.49 Mcafee AV TOTAL 20.48 per month.Any advice whether to stay or move?No major problems though.
If move where? Thanks guys/gals.

Diemmess 14:38 29 Oct 2005

Depends how much you like the Aol interface and its way of doing things.

I have used nothing else for years and will only change if Aol continues to chop free advice and reduce some of the frills it used to have. As it is, I'll stay with Aol.

Two important things if you decide to stay.

(1) Scrap McAfee. There is better stuff available for free and regularly updated.

(2) If you are happy with Silver, don't upgrade unless you are ready to be locked in to a new year's contract.

phil46 15:03 29 Oct 2005

Remamber if you change your AOL package you have taken out a further 1 year contract from the time you changed.

Jackcoms 15:06 29 Oct 2005

Why not try a cheaper and proper ISP? click here

pj123 15:36 29 Oct 2005

I'll vote with Diemmess. I have NTL BB on my main computer but also keep an AOL Dialup account running (for emergency). I have been with AOL for years and don't have any problem with them. I don't like the new "Pay for Help" phone line but help is still available free on the website, (assuming you can log in of course).

ACOLYTE 15:45 29 Oct 2005

I have never used AOL but i know a few people who do,and to me its seems to intrusive,they seem to add things that you dont really need and can get free/better elsewhere if you do need them.So i cant really say if you should stay or not,best thing is look around and see if anything else catches your eye before commiting to AOL again.

CurlyWhirly 19:09 29 Oct 2005

I have been with AOL for over 4 years and have had NO major problems both on dial-up and broadband.

I don't like the AOL browser though and I now use Firefox as my main browser with Internet Explorer occasionally used for downloading Microsoft updates, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?