Aol connection problem

DMAN 15:31 23 Jul 2006

Hi,

Really weird problem I have with my aol broadband gold connection. Everytime I try to connect it gets to stage 5 in the connection process and then stops giving some message that it is unable to connect.

I unistalled the software and then reinstalled it and it worked. I could connect. The problem occurs though when I try to reconnect. It will again hang in stage 5 giving the same message. It is strange that I the only way i can make it work is by reinstalling the software each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

realist 12:12 24 Jul 2006

There was a widespread problem with AOL on Sunday affecting many users in the way you describe.
All seems back to normal today though.

kdt 12:29 24 Jul 2006

i also had problem yesterday back to normal today. yesterday though i had to go to windows which sorted out the network but there was problem in the evening but around 11 pm last night ok.

rdave13 17:19 24 Jul 2006

Same here, my download speed was slower than my upload speed yesterday.Bit fed up with AOL at the moment thinking of migrating to zen.

kdt 18:32 24 Jul 2006

just signed on again and they seem to be having trouble with their home page or are they redoing it. using i.e.now

realist 19:03 24 Jul 2006

AOL Silver homepage and d/l speeds as per normal tonight

Jak_1 19:59 24 Jul 2006

The problem was cot confined to AOL, virtually all isp's were having the same problem. Orage was affected as was talktalk that I know of and BT Yahoo.

Surmise the cause to be either the unusually high temps we are having causing server probs or a malicious DOS attack! Though I could be wrong, lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?