Try the method below, it may help. j.
Delete the global.org file
1. Close down AOL.
2. Go to Start, Find, Files or Folders. (Windows 2000 and Windows XP users, go to Start, Search).
3. Type in global.org in the Named box, and in the Look In box make sure you select the appropriate Hard Drive (usually C:\), then click Find Now.
4. Once you find the files, highlight them by going to Edit - Select All and then File - Delete.
5. Reopen AOL and let it search for the broadband connection again.
6. Check your connection speed again and if it is still slow, try the following steps: