AOL broadband. Should I change?

Dazza40 18:42 01 Jan 2006

Hi all,
i have AOL Silver broadband. Unlike others I have had no probs. Am considering going to wireless set up. Before I take the plung as as my AOl has been set up for 12 months should I change ISP or stick with AOL?

Welcome your comments..

Fingees 18:57 01 Jan 2006

If you are happy with what you've got, stick with it.

There are faultds with all ISP's so if you've been ok for 12 month carry on.

Suggest6 you think wireless wise about using a Belkin modem/router. they are better than most provided by ISP's and come with lifetime guarentee, and free telephone support.
Happy New Year

Dazza40 19:09 01 Jan 2006

Ta Fingees.

Guess I will stay with them. Thanks for the tip about the Belkin routers as well.

Taff™ 20:52 01 Jan 2006

And don`t agree to upgrade from silver - AOL charge more than most anyway and you really don`t need their support or their routers!

Angry Kid 21:55 01 Jan 2006

You may be interested in this if you stay with AOL.

click here

BillyBee 22:14 01 Jan 2006

Give AOL cancellations a ring, tell them you are thinking of changing ISP they will offer you AOL gold £19.99 with first month free and another free modem, or AOL platinum £24.99 again first month free with a free wireless modem.

So you’ll save £5 a month with a free month as well.

EggBarts 22:23 01 Jan 2006

Hi Dazza i am on aol platinium and use a wireless conection using a netgear router and it works fine.

CHAIRLEG 22:28 01 Jan 2006

Am on aol platinum at the moment 2mg and have been told that in the new year I will be upgraded to 8mg in the new year at no extra cost.

Dazza40 23:11 01 Jan 2006

Thanks all for your comments. Very useful especially BillyBee I'll certainly try that phone call.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?