AOL Broadband modems

I-W 09:51 26 Sep 2003

Im getting a aol broadband modem, but i want to share the network connection with another comp. would i be able to get another broadband modem with router and if so could i use the splitter that comes with the aol modem?

Djohn 10:58 26 Sep 2003

You can network with AOL. But when you phone them, they say, "WE do not support networking" This is correct, they don't support it, but that only means they do not offer help with the setup or running, or give any advice you may have with any problems.

This is one way of doing it, click here Also if you contact the AOL member helprooms, you will receive all the help and advice you need to do this. Many AOL members use networking. I believe that AOL are working on their own system/router and when they have it sorted, they will be more than willing to offer help and support in the future. j.

I-W 11:13 26 Sep 2003

Sounds cool but does the one computer have to be on all the time so the others can use the connection? if so is there another way so each computer can access the broadband connection on its own

Djohn 11:19 26 Sep 2003

Not too sure on that, but we have a couple of forum members who will put you in the right direction when they see this thread. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone