AOL and ADSL modem/router

callingman 16:42 18 Jul 2005

I would like to attach aa ADSL modem/router to an AOL BB Silver 'line'. I know AOL only support their own hardware but does any one know of a reliable make of modem/router that will work with this package. The present unit attaches through a USB port. I've tried one and although I could get the unit to work as a hub for the 'in house' network (two pc's) it would not connect to the ADSL line. Looking at other entries in this forum, it seems that it is possible but not with my hardware as far as I can see.

the kopite 17:53 18 Jul 2005

try this linkclick here

callingman 16:53 21 Jul 2005

Are you sure this is a valid URL. I've tried to access it number of times over the last few days without success

BaboonBoy22 17:01 21 Jul 2005

I brought a wireless router for my aol broadand a few months ago. Netgear do one for aol bb users. Got mine from pcworld for about £70/£80. Netgear usb wireless adaptors got for about £40.

the kopite 17:52 21 Jul 2005

Sorry callingman been away if you go to aol keyword and type in wireless network ing router that will take you there

johnnyrocker 18:02 21 Jul 2005

the url is correct if it is for aol faq.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?