AOL 8.0 install crash

Rosemary-230475 16:53 11 Jul 2003

When I tried installing AOL 8.0 from the disk mailed to me, my PC crashed at about 45%. I removed all 8.0 files and went back to 7.0. My monitor will now only show 16 colours at 640 x 480 despite what I do to desktop. Also after trying a Windows 98 reinstall I can't use AOL 7.0, get a crash of WAOL.

Jester2K II 17:01 11 Jul 2003

Ah AOL.............

Right have you got your graphics drivers?

Can you reinstall them?

What about monitor drivers??

What does it say above the resolution slider? Should be something like Diamondtron Monitor on NVidia GeForce 3 etc

Djohn 17:08 11 Jul 2003

Check your display settings from Control panel, see if you can raise them back to your normal resolution. If you find that you already have the highest setting allowed, then re-install your graphic card driver. [If you need help on this please post back].

Un-install AOL7 from your PC, [Though this is not strictly essential] you will be asked if you want to keep your personal settings and favourites, click on "Yes". They will be saved to desktop in two folders.

Now re-install AOL8 and it should go in ok, don't forget to disable your anti-virus programs first though. Once the install install is finished you can transfer your saved folders to AOL8. Regards. j.

Cesar 10:38 12 Jul 2003

what os are you using, Haven't you a restore point on your computer? put your windows os disc in the tray click on cancel go to start Run and type sfc /scannow and click on OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?