aol 4156.911

alan2k1 14:13 09 Nov 2005

however i try to install aol 9 cd or download i get and error message 4156.911a client version has encountered a problem and needs to close

this is a brand new install of xp pro

any ideas

thanks alan

flyingbrit 15:34 09 Nov 2005

SameerRaven: Welcome to Member Help Interactive. Please present your question, and I will be with you in just a moment. :)
SameerRaven: Thank you for calling in to Live Help!! I may be with some other members at the moment, please state your query and I will be with you as soon as possible :-)
SameerRaven: Hi! How may I help you today?
jplummer: can you tell me(for a friend) what this means when trying to install aol 9... 4156.911a client version has encountered a problem and needs to close
SameerRaven: ok
jplummer: he is running a new install of xp pro
SameerRaven: If i understand the issue correctly then your friend in unable to login to the internet is that correct?
jplummer: yes
SameerRaven: Can i please know the version of AOL and windows that your friend has?
jplummer: aol 9 and xp pro
SameerRaven: I would like to inform you that this error occours when some of the AOL files have gone corrupt
SameerRaven: I would suggest that to resolve the issue
SameerRaven: Please uninstall and reinstall AOL on the system
SameerRaven: but
SameerRaven: remember to backup the files that are already on the system.
SameerRaven: I have an e-mail designed specificially for that problem. I'll send that to you immediately. Follow the instructions in that e-mail and if you have any further problems then please do come back to us.
jplummer: thankyou
I'll send it to you whenI get it.....britsdad

flyingbrit 15:42 09 Nov 2005

The e-mail was too big for here so I took the liberty of e-mailing it to you(hope you don't mind)hope it helps....britsdad

alan2k1 15:45 09 Nov 2005

thanks for that but aol is not installed as soon as you put the disk in and it auto runs this fault occurs so i dont ever get to the screen to allow me to attempt to install aol exactly the same thing occurs when i download aol 9 from aol

thanks alan

flyingbrit 15:50 09 Nov 2005

did you get the e-mails?

flyingbrit 15:52 09 Nov 2005

have you had aol on before,after you re-installed xp?

alan2k1 15:57 09 Nov 2005

yer go email thanks

no aol has never been on its a clean install xp pro sp2

flyingbrit 16:05 09 Nov 2005

can't think of any reason why aol won't load....unless there is a problem with your pc. You could try an earlier version, ie.aol 8 then update it if it works, that's what I did(but I never had a problem).Other than that I don't know.

alan2k1 16:08 09 Nov 2005

hi thanks 4 your help

flyingbrit 16:22 09 Nov 2005

no worries

Diemmess 16:38 09 Nov 2005

Just for the record..... "a clean install xp pro sp2 "?

You do mean a new HDisk, from scratch, not an upgrade to XP from an earlier version of Windows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone