Anything to replace NoScript in Firefox

tonyx1302 13:41 01 Aug 2009

Hi. I'm having great problems with NoScript in Firefox and wondered if there is anything else to replace it ? Everytime I go to a site it goes through the forbid/allow senario asking what I want to allow etc but when I go back to the same site later ,I have to go through the whole selection procedure again. It's wearing me out and I just cannot get it to retain the previous selections again.
Is there another easier prog please

Tony

Sea Urchin 14:13 01 Aug 2009

I fund NoScript works in Firefox without any problems. My first thought would be to uninstall NoScript, and then re-install.

Doesn't take a moment to try.

Sea Urchin 14:14 01 Aug 2009

I fund - or even find

tonyx1302 14:42 01 Aug 2009

Hi Sea Urchin. Tried that a few times without success

Tony

Sea Urchin 15:13 01 Aug 2009

How annoying - maybe create a new profile in Firefox. This shows you how to save your existing files and data etc.

click here

tonyx1302 18:20 01 Aug 2009

Hi Sea Urchin and I'm really sorry for the delay in coming back but I had to shoot out for a while.
I did as you suggested and all running fine again.

Many thanks Sea Urchin

Tony

Sea Urchin 18:24 01 Aug 2009

Good to know all's well now. I was aware that I hadn't actually answered the question you asked re alternative programs to NoScript. As I didn't know of any I thought it best to try sorting the problem instead.

tonyx1302 18:46 01 Aug 2009

Just a quick problem though if you have a minute.....I cannot re-install Flash Player for You Tube etc. How do I do this for Firefox

Tony

tonyx1302 18:51 01 Aug 2009

Please disregard my last post as I found the answer in past posts in the helproom

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?